Emma Hobson Equestrian
Emma Hobson is a 5* Freelance Equestrian Instructor. She is based in Tynan, near Armagh town and close to the boarders of County Monaghan, Armagh & Tyrone.
Emma holds her BHS AI (Stage One (Horse Knowledge and Care, and Riding), Stage Two (Horse Knowledge and Care, and Riding), Stage Three (Horse Knowledge and Care, and Riding), Stage Three Teach; Riding & Road Safety.) She also holds her BHEST (British Horse Racing Education and Standards Trust) Stage Two and Stage Three qualifications.
Emma is a Dressage Ireland List Six Dressage judge (June 2016) and a Dressage Ireland Listed Para-Equestrian Dressage Judge (June 2017.) She is fully First Aid accredited, CRB checked, has her Safeguarding and Protecting Children Instructor Accreditation and is fully insured.
She is a Pony Club Accredited instructor.
Emma regularly leads theory and practical training sessions for British Horse Society Stage One, Stage Two and Ride Safe exams for Riding Clubs and Pony Clubs. She has experience managing private and 5* public livery, schooling and competition yards for several years. She was the Equestrian Business Manager for the famous Castle Leslie Estate. Emma has also worked as private competition groom.
Emma has competed other various courses and qualifications such as:
1. Cafre Lunging Workshops (July 2014)
2. Equine Health Course (April 2014)
3. Equine Breeding (April 2014)
4. Equine Nutrition (April 2014)
5. Clinical Equine Nutrition (November 2014)
6. Social Media and Management of Equine Businesses (January 2017)
7. Equine Tack (January 2015)
8. Online Advertising to Sell Horses (July 2015)
9. Health and Safety with Horses (July 2015)
10. Horse Health (February 2015)
11. Parasites in the Horse (August 2016)
12. Equine Weight Management
13. Equine Businesses and the Law (January 2016)
14. Saddlery Workshops
15. Online Social Media for Equine Businesses (February 2017);
16. Equine Business Workshop (September 2017.)
She has been involved in two CAFRE Equine Industry research Projects: Parasites in the Horse and Equine Weight Management and has successfully completed online Equine courses run by The DICK Institute and The University of Edinburgh.
She holds a Champion certificate (September 2017) on the correct fitting of Riding and Skull hats and Body Protectors.
Emma has been riding competitively for many years and trained with some of the top dressage riders in Ireland and Scotland. Her own horse, a Grand Prix show jumper, is currently working at Advanced Medium level dressage at home and competing at Medium level at affiliated competitions. She has enjoyed many wins and successes at Dressage Ireland National Championships and qualified for the Hickstead Dressage Masters two years running. Aside from dressage successes, Emma has competed in Eventing, Side Saddle, Long Distance riding, show jumping competitions and Hunts.
For five years running she has proudly been a sponsored rider for Bluegrass Horse Feed and participates in various promotions in and out of the country.
Emma has been an active member of various equestrian related committees and boards: she was a member of the Dressage Ireland Northern Region committee and held various positions of responsibility within this role (organisation of the Northern Region’s Dressage Festival, the HSI Northern Ireland Dressage Home International, Balmoral Dressage displays and affiliated shows, Public Relations, lead role of organizing training for the region and was coordinator for Club Nights and the Dressage Ireland High Performance Pathway. She was previously an active member of Tullylagan Pony Club committee.
What Can Emma Help You With?
Emma coaches all horse owners wishing to improve their riding. She takes an interest in all levels of horse and rider. She is available for private and group sessions / clinics. She is willing to travel to your yard and mainly covers Tyrone, Antrim, Down Monaghan and Armagh areas. Emma teaches show jumping, pole and grid work lessons, X -country lessons and flat work.
Emma can also help provide training towards BHS examinations and runs classes / courses in Horse Care and Stable Management as well as help with training for Pony Club tests and exams.
Aside from lessons and clinics, Emma Hobson Equestrian offers the following:
1. Help with preparation for sales (including video footage and advertising);
2. Riding and schooling your horse
3. Rehabilitation assistance (helping to bring your equine friend back into work after injury or illness);
4. Holiday Horse Sitting services (mucking out, feeding, lunging and grooming);
5. Help with breaking young horses;
6. Show prep (plaiting, trimming and clipping);
7. Cross country, dressage and show jumping practice days.
If you do not see a service listed here, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Emma welcomes all queries and would be delighted to help. Please get in touch by either phoning (07805901744); messaging the Facebook page @ Emma Hobson Equestrian or email @ email@example.com
Gift vouchers are available and discounts are made for block bookings of lessons.